Monday, March 12, 2007

Cynthia Mckinney wants to know: Why can't we know the truth about 9/11 and this war on terror?

http://www.911blogger.com/node/6769

"We must resist!"
Remarks by Cynthia McKinney
KPFK Pacifica Radio Station Fundraising Event
March 2, 2007
Los Angeles, California
First, thank you for the invitation to be with you this evening. I love KPFK and I love Pacifica.
I want to especially thank KPFK General Manager Eva Georgia for her very warm embrace. I'll have to tell you: I'm not surprised when people run away from me. But, I get emotional when I am embraced.
Another KPFK sister is Margaret Prescod. We wish her a speedy recovery.
The truth is controversial and, it seems sometimes, that only a few of us believe in sharing the truth.
KPFK is committed to the truth. Thank you to those of you who are here this evening, and to KPFK supporters who put their money where their hearts are during this pledge drive.
I'm hoping there are some folks here tonight who have never been to an event like this before. I'm hoping that people are so moved by their own intolerable circumstances that they are now willing to do something different in order to get something they've never had before.
For, in order to solve the massive problems this country now has, it can no longer be business as usual for a critical mass of us.
Whether it's the thawing tundra in Siberia or the melting glaciers in Greenland, our contribution to global warming is something that must be dealt with.
Whether it's the massive amounts of money we spend on the war machine or the fact that we still don't know what happened on September 11th, the values and priorities of the American people must be reflected in the public policy we pursue. I do not believe that is the case today and there are specific reasons why.
I have long said that the black body politic is comatose: unable to sustain itself after the massive infusion of COINTELPRO-type "clean Negroes" who don't truly provide representation for a body of people in need.
Unfortunately, now, the entire American body politic is in dire straits, too.
I have also said that the prescription for the black body politic is radical surgery. So, too, now, I believe, is the case with the American body politic.
The extreme corruption of our political system by the greedy, unseen hand that comfortably operates in the backrooms of power is turning our heroes into caricatures of themselves.
Why can't we know the truth about 9/11 and this war on terror?