Monday, September 24, 2007

Giuliani's Bizarre Cell Call During NRA Speech

Giuliani's Bizarre Cell Call During NRA Speech
Friday, September 21, 2007 11:31 PMBy: Ronald Kessler
Article Font Size
Rudy Giuliani shocked the National Rifle Association Friday when he took a cell phone call from his wife in the middle of his speech to the group.
While the presidential candidate was delivering a speech at a meeting in Washington of the National Rifle Association, whose members have been skeptical about his support for Second Amendment rights, Giuliani interrupted his own speech to say he had a cell phone call.
Rudy Giuliani has engaged in such strange behavior by taking cell phone calls from his wife Judith during important presentations.
Giuliani was talking from the podium about the importance of the right to bear arms when his cell phone apparently vibrated and then rang.
"Let's see now. This is my wife calling, I think," the former mayor said, reaching for the phone in his pocket, as an amazed audience looked on.
"Hello dear... I'm talking to the members of the NRA right now," he said into the phone as his incredulous audience listened.
"Would you like to say hello?," Giuliani said to his wife. "I love you, and I'll give you a call as soon as I'm finished, okay? Okay, have a safe trip, bye-bye. Talk to you later dear, I love you."
Looking a bit embarrassed, Giuliani said to the audience: "It's a lot better that way."
While there was scattered applause, the audience turned silent as Giuliani went on: "Well, this is one of the great blessings of the modern age, being always available. Or maybe it isn't, I'm not sure."
Last April 9, NewsMax reported that Giuliani was attending a roundtable discussion with heavy-hitter Republicans at the Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City. Two of the three co-hosts were CEOs of Fortune 500 companies.
One participant started to ask a question about Iraq.
"In the middle of the question, Mayor Giuliani's personal cell phone rang, and he answered it," a participant said. "At first, I think people thought he was kidding. But then he just started talking, and without looking up or saying anything to us, he just got up, left the room, and never came back!
Everyone waited about 20 minutes, and then the room started to break up. It was bizarre behavior."

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home