Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looks like Mike Cook is moving for dismissal of charges

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF KENTUCKY
NORTHERN DIVISION AT COVINGTON
CRIMINAL ACTION NO. 06-66 (WOB)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA PLAINTIFF
VS. ORDER
MICHAEL COOK DEFENDANT
This matter is before the court upon the Report and
Recommendation of the United States Magistrate Judge (Doc. #43),
and there being no objections filed thereto, and the court being
advised,
IT IS ORDERED that the Report and Recommendation of the
Magistrate Judge be, and it is, hereby adopted as the findings of
fact and conclusions of law of the court; and that the motion of
the United States to allow involuntary administration of drugs to
defendant (Doc. #25) be, and is hereby, DENIED.
This 22 nd day of October, 2007.

The trial judge, Bertelsman, adopted the magistrate's recommendation
and denied the the forced medication hearing!!! Now we file to
dismiss
the case and that is probably what will happen. I have requested
numerous
times verbally and over a week ago in writing that my lawyer provide
me with a copy of the 4246 report and I still don't have it. I've
been
out for almost a month now and I first requested it when I was still
at
Butner, in August... must have some good stuff in it if they don't
want
me to see it :-)
It's too early to really celebrate, but this is one step closer to
being done with this battle. The war goes on...
Thanks for your support and concern,
Mike
P.S. Loose Change Final Cut release date: 11/11/07!